Hostel Kitchen Volunteer
Would you like to make a difference to people who are struggling with homelessness or rough sleeping?
Arc houses, supports and enables homeless people to maximise their potential. Working in Taunton, West Somerset and Sedgemoor, we strive for all homeless people to have a safe and supportive environment, where people can be inspired and empowered by their own strengths.
- Over 18
- Friendly and approachable
- Good at working with people from different backgrounds
- Able to work safely in a kitchen environment
- Passionate about providing good food to homeless people
We are looking for people to help out in our Lindley House hostel, where we provide three meals a day, every day of the year.
Working with our chef, you could be responsible for:
- Preparing food
- Cleaning and tidying the kitchen or dining room
- Keeping our food stores tidy and well-organised
Could you commit to an hour or two a week? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
What’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives by ensuring our clients receive the diet they need to recover and thrive.
Along the way you’ll:
- meet new, like-minded people
- use or improve your kitchen skills
- build your confidence
- learn about the range of issues affecting our clients
- work as part of a friendly and dedicated team
Out of pocket expenses reimbursed. Level 2 Food Safety training provided.